Aiming to dominate the construction coating sector, KRAFT is continuously investing in the research and development of new products while continuously improving existing series and always providing comprehensive solutions and services.
Through a comprehensive range of high quality, branded products, the company offers integrated painting solutions for the protection and decoration of all types of surfaces, even for specialized needs, satisfying even the most exacting requirements.
With the development of an environmental conscience and social sensitivities, the company promotes the use of environmentally and user-friendly products while, at the same time, improving its Environmental performance with the implementation of an Environmental Waste Management System throughout its product development, production and distribution activities.
Aware that environmental balances are fragile, the company is committed to promoting joint actions to help establish the notions of environmental awareness and communicate the ecological commitments that inspire the company’s management.
KRAFT has developed a sense of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and understands the importance of synergizing towards this direction.
Demonstrating particular awareness, Kraft has adopted and implemented environmental behaviour rules for environment protection and sustenance.
KRAFT has adopted the following Environmental Policy:
• Conduct of all Corporate activities in a environmentally-friendly manner, in line with the ELOT ΕΝ ΙSO 14001:2004 environmental management standard.
• Implementation of environmental protection measures in compliance with environmental legislation and environment conditions.
• Application of an Environmental Management System throughout all the activities comprising the Company's production process.
• Implementation of a recycling program for paper, aluminium, flexible thermo-shrinkable plastic membrane, electric accumulators, batteries, printer ink cartridges, plastic & metal containers, wooden pallets, scrap metal, electrical & electronic equipment and used oils in collaboration with Certified Suppliers for the management and utilization of such materials.
• Reclamation of solvent and water-based waste products from the production process, flushing of containers and other equipment and reuse thereof as cleaning agents. Reclamation is performed in an intermittent operated Thermal & Physicochemical Treatment unit.
• Collection and storage of sludge generated by the Thermal and Physicochemical Treatment and its disposal via Certified Hazardous Waste Management Companies.
• Harmonization with Greek and EU regulations and replacement of harmful substances deemed hazardous for humans and the environment.
• The Company invests in the acquisition and installation of modern mechanical equipment with the aim of improving quality, eliminating work accidents, preventing spills, reducing air particles as well as emissions and noise, saving water, improving light levels, saving electric energy, offering improved comfort and amenities for employees in shared spaces. The company is considered a pioneer thanks to the adoption of the ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 systems.
• Implementation of life-long learning and staff briefings on Environmental issues.
• The assignment of overall responsibility for the implementation and observance of the Environmental System, so as to best meet the current Environmental Policy, aiming at the improvement of Environmental performance, the prevention of Environmental and Emergency Response issues as well as the improvement of working conditions, is assigned to the Environmental Manager whom the company's management is committed to supporting with all the required means and resources to ensure satisfactory System performance and the fulfilment of its purpose.
• The Company invests in the acquisition and installation of modern mechanical equipment with the aim of improving quality, eliminating work accidents, preventing spills, reducing air particles as well as emissions and noise, saving water, improving light levels, saving electric energy, offering improved comfort and amenities for employees in shared spaces.
Below are listed some of the company's achievements and milestones within the framework of the corporate environmental policy:
• Kraft Eco Emulsion was awarded the "Eco-Daisy" badge by the European Union Eco-Label bureau (www.eco-label.com)
• Since 2003, the company is affiliated to the collective Alternative Packaging Management System, in accordance with Law 2939/06-08-01 (SGI 179 Α) and is in the process of incorporating the Green Dot on all container labelling.
• Moreover and in accordance with the Management Plan Preparation circular (Reg. No. 172509/4266-2/10/2007) Reports on the Generation of Hazardous & Non - Hazardous Liquid & Solid Waste are prepared and submitted on an annual basis.
• The company issues Product & Raw Materials Suitability & Compliance Certificates
• The creation of a comprehensive range of eco-friendly products consisting of final product, primer and enamel